The next Northwest Endocrine Society meeting will take place on Friday 17th May. Please see the attached flyer for program details.
Please do try to attend – it should be an interesting day. Abstracts can be submitted for oral/poster presentation. Closing date for abstracts is Friday 12th April.
The NWES Commitee
THE NORTH WEST ENDOCRINE SOCIETY
announces its next meeting
FRIDAY 17th MAY 2013
Humphrey Booth Lecture Theatre
Salford Royal Hospital, Stott Lane, Salford
WELCOME AND LUNCH
|13.30-14.15||Overview of new MEN guidelines|| Chair: Professor Julian Davis
Speaker: Dr Duncan Bassett
|14.15-14.45||Surgical management of primary hyperparathyroidism in MEN||Chair: Professor Peter Selby
Speaker: Mr David Scott-Coombs
|14.45-15.30||Clinical cases for oral presentation||Chair: Professor Richard Holt|
COFFEE AND POSTERS
|16.15-16.45||Doping in sport|| Chair: Professor Peter Trainer
Speaker: Professor Richard Holt
|16.45-17.30||Clinical cases for oral presentation||Chair: Professor Fred Wu|
|17.30-17.40||Prizes and close of meeting|
- NWES members – FREE
- Annual membership of the NWES £10 per annum
- Delegates can join the NWES on the day by completing a standing order mandate (please bring along bank details), with first payment of £10 on the day by cash or cheque (payable to North West Endocrine Society).
- All other delegates- registration fee of £20 must be paid on the day.
- Delegates are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the meeting. These may be reports of clinical cases, particularly where there were diagnostic or management issues lending themselves to discussion during the meeting, or basic or clinical research. You may submit abstracts that have been submitted recently to other national/international meetings.
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically to the NWES Secretary, Dr Adam Robinson. The abstract should not exceed 300 words (excluding title, author names and institutions), and delegates should indicate at the bottom of the abstract whether they wish their submission to be considered for poster only, oral presentation only, or both.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 5pm on 12th April 2013. Authors will be informed of the outcome of their submission by email.
The NWES Committee
Dr Tara Kearney (Chair); Miss Helen Doran; Dr Adam Robinson (Secretary); Mr Kanna Gnanalingham; Dr Annice Mukherjee (Treasurer); Dr Kalpana Kaushal; Mr Iain Anderson; Sister Shashana Shalet; Dr Dan Cuthbertson; Dr Andrew Whatmore